Spotify is a great service you to be used and millions of users everyday access to the application to hear and download the songs they love. However, every relationship must come to an end one day. You thinking to cancel your subscription with the service could be for any reason. It might be due to the fact that you’re tired of using Spotify and want to use some other service for an experience change.
Or maybe that you are broke and can no longer pay the premium to hear music on the go. Or maybe that you are opting for a family plan and thus want to cancel your subscription. However, if you are not sure as to how to cancel Spotify premium on Android, read this article and follow the step by step process to ensure that you cancel the subscription successfully.
Cancel the Subscription through Android App
If you are a long time Spotify user, chances are that you would have an application installed on your device that enables you to listen and download music on the go. It is important to know that you cancel the subscription using the app in your device. In order to cancel your premium subscription, you need to follow the steps listed below.
- First and foremost you need to log in, into the app using your credentials and go the settings menu.
- Once you click on the account settings, you will a button named subscription. You will need to click on that button.
- After clicking on the subscription button, you can get access to your payment and subscription information.
- Under the above option, you will be able to see a button that shows change or cancel premium Spotify.
- After clicking the cancel button, your subscription from the premium account will be canceled after the billing period ends and your services will be changed to the free account and you will no longer be able to access premium music.
It is important to note that, once you cancel your premium subscription you will not be able to access music without ads. There will be constant ads displayed on your interface that can become annoying if you have using the ad-free service for a longer period of time.
Also, once the subscription is canceled, you as a user will not be able to download your favorite songs anymore. Therefore, it is important to note that you will no longer have premium access to music. Being said that, you will still be able to make use of free plan and stream music, but only this time with more ads on your interface.
Canceling the premium subscription is an easy process through your android device. All you need to do so is log in and follow the process as described in our guide. You will be able to cancel your subscription smoothly. You can still continue your account under the free plan or change to another plan or service of your liking. It is completely your choice.